Our on-line newsletters are here.
The following publications are currently available by mail.
Shipping and Handling: For delivery in the USA, the indicated price includes these charges. For overseas delivery, please contact us for a quotation.
Sales Tax: For shipment to addresses in West Virginia, add 6% Sales Tax.
Payment: Please enclose check or money order payable to "Monroe County Historical Society".
Address your order to:
Monroe County Historical Society
P.O. Box 465
Union, WV 24983
- NEW: Civil War Campaigns around Monroe County, WV Fred Ziegler, short paper, $10.00
- Captain Beirne Chapman and Chapman's Battery - An Historical Sketch. A.S. Johnson, 54 pg softbound. $12.00
- Carriages of Monroe County. Dr. Fred Ziegler. More detail about this book is on a separate webpage. $19.00
- Cemeteries of Monroe County, West Virginia. Compiled and edited by Haskell & Kathryn Shumate, Dr. James & Martha Banks. 572 pg softbound. $60.00
- Diary of Susan Waddell. Edited by Leann E. Ginther. Index by John H. Allen. 86 pg leaflet. $18.00
- Elmwood Letters. Mary, Lizzie, Harriette, Hugh & Lelia Caperton. 92 pg leaflet. $20.00
- Highlights of the History of Monroe County Schools 1799-1999. Monroe County Bi-Centennial Committee. 43 pg leaflet. $10.00
- History of Forest Hill Community, The. George Cottle, Sr. Index by John H. Allen. 34 pg leaflet. $9.00
- History of Monroe County (Morton's) Index. Compiled by John H. Allen. 122 pg leaflet. $24.00. Note: The book itself (which this index was compiled for), Morton's History of Monroe County, is out of print, but can be viewed online in Google Books.
- History of Gap Mills & Zenith Valley WV. Index by John H. Allen. 23 pg leaflet. $6.00
- History of Greenville WV. Index by John H. Allen. 23 pg leaflet. $6.00
- History of Sinks Grove WV. Index by John H. Allen. 25 pg leaflet. $7.00
- Kinfolk of Second Creek. Shirley Greene Ulaki. 89 pg softbound. $24.00
- Life in The Irish Corner District during the Civil War. N.B. "Doc" McDowell. Index by John H. Allen. 64 pg leaflet. $14.00
- Mary Jane's War. Joe B. Roles. A Civil War novel based upon a true story. 189 pgs softbound. $19.00
- Miscellaneous Information Monroe County In The War Between the States. 65 pg leaflet. $14.00
- Monroe County Soldiers in the Civil War. Shirley Greene Ulaki. 147 pg softbound. $28.00
- Monroe County, West Virginia, in the Civil War. Leona Lynch Kessel. Index by John H. Allen. 75 pg leaflet. $16.00
- Notebook of A.N. "Nannie" Campbell, The. Index by John H. Allen. 30 pg leaflet. $8.00
- A Place Called Monroe. Monroe County School System. 44 pg leaflet. $10.00
- A Place Called Monroe (DVD). Written by Dr. Ron Ripley, narrated by Jeffry Pritt. DVD. $14.00
- A Place Called Monroe Cookbook. Compiled by the United Methodist Women. $15.00
- Points of View. Dixie Lee Hoke. 295 pgs softbound. $30.00
- Random Recollections. Compilation of Random Recollections, Robert Edgar Johnson Campbell; The Story of William Willis, Albert Sydney Johnson; Wagon Trip to Kansas, Sarah R. Blacker; & A Year from Home, Edden Morris Johnson. 30 pg leaflet. $8.00
- Reflections of the Past - Monroe County Community Educational Outreach Service History Book. Compiled by Doris Ann Taylor. 60 pg softbound. $8.00
- Remembrances Then and Now. A Walking Tour of Union in 1894. John A. Francis. Index by John H. Allen. 22 pg leaflet. $6.00
- Skirmish at Pearisburg. George A. McLean Jr. 153 pg softbound. $23.00
- Slaves of Monroe County, Virginia. Compiled by Sandra White. Edited by Fred Ziegler. 43 pg leaflet. $10.00
- Springfield Township, Indian Creek, Monroe County VA/WV. Shirley Green Ulaki. 13 pg softbound. $5.00
- Sweet Springs Travel Guide and History. Mary Katherine Williams. 136 pgs softbound. $19.00
- This I Remember. Virgil A. Fisher. 35 pg leaflet. $9.00
- Union West Virginia Travel Guide and History. Mary Katherine Williams. 73 pg softbound. $19.00
- University is Born, A. Dr. Margaret Ballard. History of the institution which grew into the present day University of Maryland. 308 pg hardbound. $20.00
- We the People of Old Monroe. Shirley Greene Ulaki. 256 pg softbound. $35.00
Revised May 2016